Hello! Thank you for purchasing one of AFU's Mug kits for lots of painting FUN.
We want you to have the best experience with painting outside of our studio so here are some helpful tips and information to make your projects a success.
- All of our pottery glazes are NON-toxic and cleanup easily with water but we recommend working on a covered surface (an apron or smock is good too).
- Choose the colors you want to work with and start with the lightest colors working up to the darkest.
- Use the appropriate size brush for the area that you are painting (big areas use a big brush, small areas use a small brush).
- We recommend 3 coats of glaze for solid coverage. Let the paint dry fully before adding the next coat. Paint will look dull and chalky when dry. The color is much lighter than what it will look like once fired.
- Glazes (pottery paints) require an additional top glaze applied by the minions at the studio and kiln firing to make your projects shiny, glossy and food safe!
- After your projects are dry, wrap them in a paper towel or napkin & return to All Fired Up. Your project(s) will be ready for pick-up in 5-7 days for pickup. All Fired Up will be offering curbside pickup and drop off several days a week – This is a change from my video but I will update the times on FB
We hope that you enjoy your time creating memories, we look forward to seeing you soon!
– Your Friends at All Fired Up
12 oz Mug
For these mugs to be food safe we are not offering acrylic paints. Pottery paints need to be fired. Items painted with pottery glaze will need to be returned to the store for firing.